Friday, June 14, 2013

Mongolian Dress-Up Party!

Baska, a Khovd RM, invited us over to his house for dinner.  He fixed us a very nice meal of pasta, vegetables and meat.  Afterward, his Mom and sister came home.  We wanted to take pictures and his mom, Badam, insisted she put on a deel.  And then she started pulling out all these bags with different deels in them and insisted we put them on too!  It was fun and she has so many different ones!  And hats, too!
 I have learned that Mongolian hats don't look good on people who wear glasses!  So I took mine off!  
Don't you agree I look more Mongolian?
 Badam, Lamtuya and Sister G. 
 Sister Twins!  They are so cute and we love them both!
Sister Onon and Sister Arynjargal
 Baska and Elder G. all decked out Mongolian!
 All of us!
 Another deel, but no hat for this one!
 Sister Onon and Sister Groesbeck.  Wish my hair was as dark as hers.  I would definitely look more Mongolian!  There are not many gray-haired Mongolians--especially women!  They dye their hair more than
American women, I think!
                                                                        Mongolian Ma and Pa!
 As we were getting ready to leave, the kids insisted that Badam play her harmonica for us.  And what a treat!  She is really very talented and we really enjoyed it!  Wonderful people!

No comments: