Sunday, February 24, 2013

Piano Lessons

The only thing the Branch President asked LaNice to do is teach piano.  So she is!  She started with about 15 students which has dropped now to about 10.  They were really excited to come to lessons when school was on break, but when school started up, they got busy and some dropped.  Oh well, at least they know more about the piano now than they did when they started!
Tumee
 Erdenemonkh
 My youngest student--Mondoohaa (5 years old).  Her dad or mom usually came with her. 
The students have to speak some English or bring someone with them who does. I wasn't too excited about starting her so young. but she is one of the first who started and stuck with it to the end.  And I was amazed at how much she learned.  If she could keep taking, she would be able to play.

 Monkhtaven--my star student.  She was playing from the simplified Hymn book
before she left to go back to school in UB,  Her English was also really good!
 Monkhtsetseg, Seminary teacher and RM!
 Nomin -- one of the ones who dropped out!
Holboo--He really didn't take lessons, but he got his mission call to the Ogden, Utah mission and really wanted to learn to play "Called to Serve."  So I helped him memorize it.  He doesn't know the notes or anything, but he can sure play "Called to Serve!"
Gansukh has alot of talent, but tended to memorize the notes on the keyboard instead of learning to read the music.  He could play by ear pretty well.  He was determined to learn "Fur Elise" which he pretty  much did.  Then he wanted to learn something by 'Thumb', a group I had never heard.  So I found him some music and we'll see how he does!
 This is Munkhentsetseg, a kindergarten teacher from our kindergarten English class.  She only took lessons for about 4 weeks, but did amazingly well.  She learned the notes on the keyboard quickly and then learned them on the music.  I hope she will remember and keep practicing!


No comments: