I am getting a small taste of what the pioneers went through....and to think they could only take 17 lbs a person to cross the plains.
We can take two 50-pound suitcases each and our carryon can only weight 15! Whoever wrote those rules were not thinking about someone living in a foreign country for 18 months! We were so surprised that our suitcases alone weighed 15 lbs each so between the two of them, that was 30 lbs of stuff we couldn't take! The carryon's we planned to use weighed 8 lbs each so were almost useless as a carry on! While at the MTC bookstore, we noticed some larger suitcases that only weighed 7.2 lbs. Soooooo ,.... we bought two new suitcases and it looks like that is going to make it about doable to take what we think we need. And for a carryon....I decided to put my temple clothes in the carry on and use the temple bag as the carry on. It doesn't roll, but will work just fine! We are using the two old suitcases to store stuff in at home!
If the pioneers could do it with 17 lbs. pushing a handcart, I should certainly be able to do it with 105 lbs in an airplane! So I should just stop whining and get packing! Actually, I'm about all packed and ready to go. There may be some slight adjustments between bags to equal out the weight, but I think we are just about there!
No comments:
Post a Comment